Happy Friday! :) This week has flown by since Wednesday was a holiday!
I have been excited all week to share these with you guys!
Muffins are such an easy breakfast, because you can grab them and go! However, they can get really unhealthy very quick. These muffins are filling and moist, without all kinds of creepy ingredients!
All around the blog world, I have been seeing breads or muffins made with greek yogurt. This made me extremely jealous! :) Imagine my excitement when SoDelicious let me know about their Coconut Milk Greek Style Yogurt!!
These are also very low in sugar. I don’t like an extremely sweet breakfast muffin. If you do, you will want to add more sweetener. Luvy and I thought these were perfectly sweet!
Blueberry Buckwheat Yogurt Muffins
- 1.5 cups buckwheat flour**
- 2 scoops plant based protein powder (I used Sunwarrior)
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 SoDelicious Vanilla Coconut Milk Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Stevia baking blend (or 1/4 cup agave or sugar)
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- 1/2- 3/4 cup blueberries (I used frozen)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350. Mash your banana. Then, add in yogurt, sugar, and milk.
2. In a separate bowl, add all dry ingredients.
3. Slowly stir wet into dry. Batter will be thick. Fold in blueberries.
Batter will be thick.
4. Pour into greased muffin tins.
5. Bake 25-30 minutes. Check with a toothpick to test to see if they are done.
**I have not tested these with other flours. Buckwheat absorbs a lot of water and does not act like other flours. Exchange at your own risk. :)
I’m off to hang out with my Daddy! I hope you all enjoy your weekend!!
What is your favorite type of muffin?
What are your plans for the weekend??