Do you ever try a new recipe and just fall in love??
Okay, maybe I’m weird, BUT I fell in love with this new recipe.
A week or so ago, I saw a really interesting recipe on Caitlin‘s blog. I love reading her blog, AND her mom lives in Knoxville!! That automatically puts her on my favorite list! 🙂 We both share a love for food, running, and health. You should definitely check out her blog!
Anywho, I changed the recipe just a little bit, and it was to die for!!
Corn Tortilla Casserole (adapted from HTP)
- 12 small corn tortillas
- 1 jar of pasta sauce
- 1 can of beans (I used great northern whites b/c I was out of kidney and black)
- 2-3 cups of kale and spinach mixed
- 1/2 of a red onion chopped
- 5-6 mushrooms chopped (mine were big mushrooms)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup Cheddar style Daiya cheese
Preheat oven to 350. Using a medium baking dish (I think mine was an 8X10), place a little bit of pasta sauce on the bottom of the dish. Place 4 corn tortillas on top of the sauce, add 1/3 of the beans, onion, kale and spinach, mushrooms, and 1/2 the yeast. Top this with 1/3 of the pasta sauce. Place 4 corn tortillas on top of that and repeat. Next, place the last 4 tortillas then top with the rest of the ingredients. This is when you put on the Daiya cheese. (Drool…) Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
This was SO good. Luvy and I ate up!
For dessert, I made an Apple Crisp. 🙂 We haven’t had one since the fall when apples were in season, so this was a treat!
- 4-6 apples peeled and chopped (depends on the size of your apples)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp succant or brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 2/3 cup of old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp Earth Balance melted
- 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts
- 2-3 Tbsp honey
I’m in foodie heaven now!
Please be praying for my step-dad. He is sick, so mom and him can’t make the trip this weekend! Feel better soon!!!
What are you all into this weekend??