This morning I found a way to use our new soup crocks!
I jumped on the bandwagon with the rest of the blog world and tried Ashley’s Buckwheat Bakes! After several other bloggers tried them and loved them, so we gave it a try this morning.
Blueberry Buckwheat Bake For Two (inspired by Ashley’s Blueberry Buckwheat Muffin Bake)
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 Tbsp whole buckwheat groats
- 1 banana
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 6 Tbsp milk (I used coconut)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 flax eggs (2Tbsp flax with 5Tbsp warm water mixed and let them sit for 3-5 min)
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp agave nectar (or honey or maple)
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mash banana with fork until creamy.
- Mix in vanilla, milk, and cinnamon.
- Mix in flour, buckwheat groats, baking soda, chia seeds, agave, and blueberries. Last, mix in flax egg.
- Pour into greased soup crocks or muffin tins.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. (Mine took 40)
We weren’t hungry for lunch until 1:30 or 2. Since we were out, we decided to try Simply Thai.
Neither of us had ever been there before, but it had great reviews!
They were so accommodating. I didn’t love my meal, but I think I would like one of their curries MUCH better. Luvy really liked what he got. We will definitely go back!
I hope your Saturday was as lovely as ours!!