We love pizza around here.
Take out pizza is full of grease, fat, and highly processed foods. Franken-foods as I like to call them.
Toppings is where we usually get in trouble on our pizzas as far as nutrition goes. All that oil based cheese and processed meat is not good for the body! Plus, the red sauce that most places use is packed full of sugar!
Here are some simple ideas of how to healthify your person pizza! Plus, they are good tips for eating out!
For the base:
- Pesto- has good fats and is delicious!
- Red sauce- look for some with no added sugar or low sugar. I use 365 brand.
- Barbecue sauce
- Bell Peppers
- Sundried tomatoes
- Banana Peppers
- The options are endless here!
- Diced grilled chicken (antibiotic free and hormone free)
- Lean sausage chopped
- Cooked beans
- Cheese (I use Daiya dairy free and soy free)
- Fresh or dried basil, parsley, oregano
- Chopped garlic
- Dried red pepper
- Salt and pepper