Playing Nurse

Sorry for no update yesterday.  Here’s the whole surgery story now.

Monday (yesterday) morning, we had to be up at 3am to leave for the hospital at 4.  We got all checked in and then waited for 40 minutes… of course.

2 days before and the morning of surgery, they had daddy take showers with a stout antibacterial and antimicrobial wash.  Once we got to the hospital, they made him wipe down with 6 different wipes.  He said they were like alcohol wipes!  They are serious about being clean.

The surgery started right on time at 7am.  Around 8:30 I was called back to meet with the surgeon.  He said that Daddy’s back was in worse shape than the MRI showed.  He said that the nerves were pinched off more than he thought, but he thought that this surgery would really help.

I didn’t get to go back to see did until close to 11am, because he had a hard time waking up from anesthesia and they were trying to regulate his pain.

I guess not waking up easily from anesthesia run in the family!!  🙂  I’m the same way.

After I finally got to see him at 11am, he was doing great!  He immediately started cracking jokes.

We got to come home that afternoon.  I wish I could say that we came home and I was able to nap.  Dad was able to rest, but it was like I had insomnia.  I couldn’t sleep for anything.  It was like my body knew that it wasn’t “bed time”.  I ended up going to bed around 9:30 and I slept until 7:45!

Today, I feel like normal.  Daddy has been more sore today, so he has been taking it easy.  He has been sleeping quite a bit.  I have been a good nurse.  I have been trying to keep him on track with his medicines and making lots and lots of soup.  Soup is becoming my specialty!

Overall, he has been a great patient!

Tonight, my favorite co-nurse is joining me!!!  🙂


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s