These cold, gloomy, rainy winter days make me want soup. I don’t think Luvy and I have had a meal that isn’t eaten out of a bowl in weeks!
When it is cold out, I want warm soups or stews. I love comfort foods! A while back, I saw Emily make Quinoa and Bean Corn Chowder, and I knew that I wanted to make it!
Since I am crazy and have a ton of allergies, I changed up her recipe a bit. However, it has turned into Luvy and my’s favorite soup! It is wonderful.
Quinoa and Corn Chowder (based off of Emily’s Quinoa and Bean Corn Chowder)
- 3/4 cup of quinoa
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 large parsnips, chopped (can sub carrot)
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 cup sweet white corn (mine was frozen)
- 1 1/2 cups roasted corn (or just sub yellow corn)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Spray a large dutch oven or use a bit of olive oil to sauté your onion, carrot, parsnip, and corn. Sauté for about 5 minutes or until they start to soften. Add in garlic and sauté another 2-3 minutes.
Hope you all have a wonderful Friday tomorrow! Stay dry!