This soup was fantastic! I have a feeling that we might be going Irish more than just on St. Patrick’s Day!
Irish Potato and Cabbage Soup with Lentils
- 1 cup lentils
- 1/2 head of cabbage
- 2-3 red potatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- 6-8 cups vegetable broth- depending on how soupy you want it
We like our soup pretty soupy so that we can soak it up with bread. Bread makes me happy!
I found a recipe for gluten-free Irish Soda bread on a new to me blog, gluten-free goddess. I have fallen in love with her blog.
I slightly changed the recipe.
Gluten- Free Irish Soda Bread (adapted from gluten free goddess)
- 2/3 cup Pamela’s Ultimate Baking Mix
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp caraway seeds
- 2 eggs- I used egg replacer
- 3/4 cup of almond milk with 1 tsp lemon juice added (or 3/4 cup of buttermilk)
- 3 Tbsp applesauce
- 1 Tbsp oil (I used sunflower)